Candidates are expected to have at least two years relevant experience in industry together with a first or second class UK Honours degree in a relevant engineering or technology-based discipline, or the international equivalent of these UK qualifications. Alternative qualifications together with additional industrial experience have also been considered.
Months of entry
There are two major themes within the Course:
- The business context: this aims to define the business opportunity, capabilities required, plan the business change to move to TES, and analyse the provision vs consumption trade-off.
- The execution activities: this focuses on the design and delivery of the processes and activities that make up the delivery and consumption of TES, and how to optimise the value proposition across the supply network.
The course ultimately aims to promote an integrated capability across these two themes in organisations in order to increase efficiency and competitiveness. There are additional benefits of the course:
- A commercial approach to excellence: Organisations seek out streamlined processes to enable them to be more efficient, improve quality and be more cost effective. The Through-life System Sustainment course brings together expertise across several disciplines to inform industry and help organisations to stay ahead of their competitors.
- Learning from the best academics and industrial practitioners: You will be taught by industry-active research academics with an established track record in product-service and maintenance systems, and through-life engineering services. Industry practitioners teach alongside academics with a view to provide real-life examples of solutions and challenges. .
- Outstanding facilities: A vast range of specialist software applications are available for use, such as PLM, AnyLogic, Witness, SAP and CAD. There are also a number of physical facilities around degradation assessment, integrated vehicle health management, and autonomous maintenance.
- Flexible study options: This course allows you to fit your studies around your existing life and work commitments so you can gain a postgraduate qualification while continuing your career. Projects can be undertaken with your organisation offering additional benefits to your employer.
- Networking opportunities: Our considerable network of contacts – both in the organisations we work with and in the network you will be part of with your fellow students and as one of our alumni - gives you the opportunity to build useful connections
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24-36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1234 758083