Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
We welcome applications from talented candidates from all backgrounds. Candidates are normally high potential, early-career managers with one to five years’ post-qualification experience in any sector.
Candidates normally possess a first or second class, UK honours degree (or an international equivalent). Alternatively, we will consider a professional qualification (such as CIMA, ACA, ACCA) together with a minimum of five years’ post-qualification work experience. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may also be considered.
Professional experience and personal qualities are equally important to us and each application is considered on its individual merit
Months of entry
The part-time Marketing and Leadership MSc is informed by Cranfield’s Strategic Marketing MSc – a top-ranked marketing MSc, 5th in the UK and 15th in the world by QS World University Rankings: Masters in Marketing 2022. It is also informed by Cranfield’s Management MSc – which is ranked 3rd in the UK and 30th in the world in The Economist Which MBA? Masters in Management (MiM) 2019 ranking.
The Marketing and Leadership MSc will develop your marketing and leadership skills. This practical marketing master’s course focuses on managing change to ensure your company constantly meets evolving customer needs and requirements. You will gain leading-edge insights into marketing and business practice which you can apply in within your organisation.
You will gain an understanding of general management functions including strategy, finance, corporate sustainability and change management. You will also learn specialist and advanced subjects relating to strategic marketing including strategic marketing planning, customer management, big data analytics, digital marketing, advertising, and consumer behaviour.
This part-time programme meets the requirements of the revised Level 7 Senior Leader Apprenticeship Standard. Eligible organisations can use £14,000 of their Apprenticeship Levy to cover Part I (The Senior Leader Apprenticeship) of the programme tuition fee. Part II (progression to Marketing and Leadership MSc) can be funded by either your employer or by you.
This page is dedicated to students seeking the Marketing and Leadership MSc independent of Apprenticeship Levy funding. If you are looking for more information on our Apprenticeship Levy part-funded routes, please view here.
Why this course?
- Cranfield School of Management consistently performs well in international business rankings. We are top 10 in the UK and 32nd in Europe in the Financial Times European Business School 2020 Rankings.
- The Centre for Strategic and Sales possess a worldwide reputation for applied marketing research, particularly focusing on: marketing strategy and planning, strategic sales, key account management, customer relationships and digital transformation.
- You will have a distinctive and collaborative learning experience which is centred on interactive classroom sessions delivered by faculty directly involved with global businesses.
- You will study with a cohort of experienced professionals, build your network and gain insights into marketing and management best practice.
- You will gain knowledge of the latest marketing trends and develop general management skills, to enable you to lead change in your organisation and help you rise to the top of your marketing department.
- You will generate self-awareness and confidence to lead teams drawn from a diverse variety of cultures, business experiences and personalities
Who is it for?
- Experienced marketing professionals who are seeking, or required, to take on leadership roles involving the development of market strategy, managing customer relationships and contributing to business growth.
- Early-career professionals who want a "real-world" business education which they can apply directly back to their workplace.
- Second career professionals seeking a change into marketing and leadership positions.
- Self-motivated marketing managers keen to develop themselves, enhance their skills, knowledge and abilities, and become more effective leaders.
Information for international students
Lectures are delivered over one week per quarter for the duration of the course at Cranfield School of Management.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time26 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1234 758081