Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Cranfield University welcomes applications from candidates from all over the world for our postgraduate programmes.
Candidates will usually have a minimum of one year post-qualification work experience together with either a first or second class UK honours degree, in a relevant discipline, and/or a professional qualification. Applicants who do not have a degree are welcome provided they can demonstrate high levels of achievement, exceptional career progression or evidence of financial management potential.
If you are an international student you will need to provide evidence that you have achieved a satisfactory test result in an English qualification. Our minimum requirements are as follows:
IELTS - 6.5 overall and 6.0 in all components
TOEFL - 92 total and minimum component scores of 18 Reading, 19 Listening, 19 Speaking and 23 Writing
Pearson PTE Academic - 65
Cambridge English Scale - 180
Cambridge English: Advanced - C
Cambridge English: Proficiency - C
Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - pass
In addition to these minimum scores you are also expected to achieve a balanced score across all elements of the test you have undertaken. We reserve the right to reject any test score if any one element of the test score is too low.
We can only accept tests taken within two years of your registration date (with the exception of Cambridge English tests which have no expiry date).
Months of entry
*LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 2022*
The Retail and Digital Banking MSc provides a unique opportunity for you to gain an advanced-level understanding of retail banking, digital business, management, organisation management, marketing and business strategy. Drawing on faculty from across Cranfield School of Management, the programme is led by Cranfield’s Economic Policy and Performance Group, which has been consistently ranked top 10 in the Financial Times Global MBA Ranking for its teaching of economics in relation to our full-time MBA programme.
On completion of the programme, you will acquire a Retail and Digital Banking Master's degree. Our Retail and Digital Banking MSc is also accredited by the Chartered Banker Institute, with successful completion leading to the award of the Chartered Banker Diploma qualification and Chartered Banker status.
This part-time course has been designed to meet the requirements of the Level 7 Senior Investment/Commercial Banking Professional Master’s Degree Apprenticeship Standard. Eligible organisations are able to use £18,000 of their Apprenticeship Levy towards the £21,000 course tuition fees.
This page is dedicated to students seeking the Retail and Digital Banking MSc independent of Apprenticeship Levy funding. If you are looking for more information on our Apprenticeship Levy part-funded routes, please view our postgraduate apprenticeships.
Why this course?
- You will learn advanced-level understanding of the various dimensions of retail banking (and product management) and several aspects of general management, e.g. analysis of the economic environment, organisational management, marketing and business strategy.
- The programme will improve your critical awareness of management and organisations, and enhance your skills to successfully address financial and management challenges within your organisation.
- A workplace-based project provides the opportunity for you to tackle a substantial product management task within your organisation, under the guidance of academic supervisors.
- You will benefit from a combination of online and face-to-face teaching, providing you with the flexibility to work around existing commitments.
- Not only will this MSc broaden and deepen your professional network, you'll also join Cranfield’s active alumni network of 70,000 managers and leaders across the globe.
- This MSc incorporates the School of Management’s experiences and learning from our UK top 10 ranked Master’s in Finance and Management: QS World University Rankings: Masters in Finance ranking 2022 and our Management MSc ranked 6th in the UK in the QS World University Rankings: Masters in Management ranking 2022.
Who is it for?
Self-motivated individuals with technical backgrounds (e.g. IT, mathematics, etc.) who wish to gain a good knowledge of finance, management and retail banking.
Experienced professionals with a background in finance, who wish to have a detailed understanding of the link between finance, management and technology in financial services.
Fees and funding
View fees and funding information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1234 758081