You should typically hold a minimum upper second class honours degree (2:1), or overseas equivalent, in a business-related or sport-related subject, or a professional qualification deemed to be of equivalent standing. Applicants are required to have gained an IELTS score of 6.5 or a Cambridge Proficiency Certificate grade B or above. Exemptions from providing evidence of English language proficiency may arise if an applicant has gained an undergraduate degree from a UK university, or gained their undergraduate degree from a non-UK but English language medium recognised university, or completed a UK professional body programme of study.
Months of entry
The Business Management and Sport MSc will explore the evolving and multi-faceted area of management in sport through core modules from business and bespoke sport modules.
- Valuable industry links in the UK and overseas, including established DMU relationships with: Leicester City Football Club, Leicester Tigers Rugby Football Club, and Leicestershire County Cricket Club
- Option to pursue an in-company project, social internship, live practice project or entrepreneurship project
- Personal leadership mentoring and career coaching
- World-leading academics from the faculties of business and art, design and technology
- Access to business research that is cited as world leading and internationally excellent by the independent and peer assessed Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014)
- Unique learning environment headquartered in the Great Hall of Leicester Castle
- Regular presentations by leading business figures
- Networking and peer support as a result of being part of a small, exceptionally talented tutor group
- Modules that have been developed in partnership with business, with the objective of providing students with key skills needed to lead and succeed in today’s global business environment
- Access to the postgraduate wing of the £35million Hugh Aston Building which has its own café and store
- Access to a high tech 24/7 high-tech library with a choice of learning environments. This in addition to new amenities such as the QEII Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre
- Mentoring and one-to-one academic support from leading academics, at the forefront of their fields
- Excellent contact hours of 15 or more hours per week
- Emphasis on the development of business-relevant cultural awareness, including optional language study
Fees and funding
At DMU, we are committed to helping our graduates enhance their careers and personal development through further study. We are proud to currently offer two scholarships.
Vice-Chancellor’s 2020 Scholarship
Up to 50 per cent of tuition fees offered to Home/EU DMU alumni for students who wish to continue their studies at DMU by enrolling on a Postgraduate taught course. For more information visit our Vice-Chancellor’s 2020 Scholarship page.
Vice-Chancellor's Sports Scholarship
Up to £6,000 worth of support available to full-time UK and EU undergraduate and postgraduate students, starting in September 2016. For more information visit our Vice-Chancellor's Sports Scholarship page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Business and Law
- +44 (0)116 2 50 60 70