You should typically hold a minimum upper second class honours degree (2:1), or overseas equivalent, in an accounting, finance, banking or economics-related subject, or a professional qualification deemed to be of equivalent standing. Applicants are required to have gained an IELTS score of 6.5, a TOEFL score of 600 (paper based) or 250 (computer based) or a Cambridge Proficiency Certificate grade B or above. Exemptions from providing evidence of English language proficiency may arise if an applicant has gained an undergraduate degree from a UK university, or gained their undergraduate degree from a non-UK but English language medium recognised university, or completed a UK professional body programme of study (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CFA, ACT, CII, CIM).
Months of entry
The Global Investment and Risk MSc degree programme will provide students with an understanding of domestic and global financial systems and bring together the major financial issues of investment and risk management.
- Personal leadership mentoring from leading industry figures
- World-leading academics
- Unique learning environment headquartered in the Great Hall of Leicester Castle
- Regular delivery from leading business figures
- Networking and peer support as a result of being part of a small, exceptionally talented tutor group
- Portfolio developed in partnership with business
- Mentoring and one-to-one academic support from leading academics, at the forefront of their fields
- Excellent contact hours
- Emphasis on the development of business-relevant cultural awareness, including optional language study
Fees and funding
At DMU, we are committed to helping our graduates enhance their careers and personal development through further study. We are proud to currently offer two scholarships.
Vice-Chancellor’s 2020 Scholarship
Up to 50 per cent of tuition fees offered to Home/EU DMU alumni for students who wish to continue their studies at DMU by enrolling on a Postgraduate taught course. For more information visit our Vice-Chancellor’s 2020 Scholarship page.
Vice-Chancellor's Sports Scholarship
Up to £6,000 worth of support available to full-time UK and EU undergraduate and postgraduate students, starting in September 2016. For more information visit our Vice-Chancellor's Sports Scholarship page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Business and Law
- +44 (0)116 250 6070