Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum pass of 2:2, or equivalent overseas qualification, or an equivalent professional qualification.
Applicants who have achieved an average of 50% in credit bearing modules on DMU's Graduate Certificate in International Business (GCIB) are guaranteed a place on the MSc International Business and Management programme. For applicants who have an average of 40 - 49%, entry to the programme is subject to a satisfactory interview with the Programme Leader.
Months of entry
International Business and Finance programme at DMU offers in-depth knowledge of major functions, and key topics within business and finance. The programme equips students with academically relevant knowledge and practical skills that are necessary to succeed in the uncertain, increasingly globalised world and enhance employability.
Throughout this course, you will learn how to understand and analyse the information found in published financial accounts, evaluate the financial performance of a business and make sustainable strategic decisions. This course will also provide students with a broad exposure to the political, economic and technical dimensions of the international finance regime, and consider the generation and analysis of information for management use. This will involve an analysis of management accounting and its general role within activities such as planning, control, performance management and decision-making.
We want to ensure you have the best learning experience possible and a supportive and nurturing learning community. That’s why we’re introducing a new block model for delivering the majority of our courses, known as Education 2030. This means a more simplified timetable where you will study one subject at a time instead of several at once. You will have more time to engage with your learning and get to know the teaching team and course mates. You will receive faster feedback through more regular assessment, and have a better study-life balance to enjoy other important aspects of university life.
- You will be taught by academics with international reputations for research and teaching in business and finance. Our academics have backgrounds in professional sectors and research all of which will influence and support your learning.
- Gain valuable industry insight, with guest lectures from prominent industry professionals who bring personal experiences and knowledge to your learning.
- Benefit from Education 2030, where a simplified ‘block learning’ timetable means you will study one subject at a time and have more time to engage with your learning, receive faster feedback and enjoy a better study-life balance.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band (or equivalent) when you start the course is essential.
English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council-accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
Fees and funding
Find out more about funding here.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12-18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Faculty of Business and Law
- +44 (0)116 2 50 60 70