- An Honours degree in any subject (2:2 minimum)
- If you have no formal qualifications, but have extensive industry experience, your application may be considered on an individual basis, and you may be required to attend an interview
- If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.5 with writing and speaking no less than 6.0. English language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning (CELL), is available both before and during the course.
Months of entry
Effective communication in intercultural settings is an essential requirement for success in the globalised world of business in the 21st century. The MSc in Intercultural Business Communication will equip you with expertise in intercultural theory and practice, as well as a specialist knowledge of global patterns in language use and the dynamics of communication amongst people from diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds in the workplace and beyond. You will also be given the opportunity to develop your own effective oral and written business communication skills, use of professional language and confidence in communication.
- The course offers a combination of input from academics with expertise in socio-linguistics and intercultural studies and senior business executives with extensive international cross-cultural business experience.
- This programme is ideal for students coming from backgrounds in any sector of business who are interested in enhancing their career prospects in the competitive business market by developing expertise in the crucial role of culture and communication in business. It is also well-suited to students from other backgrounds who are interested in entering the international business market with a specialist edge.
- Our course has a strong record for employability. Graduates work for a variety of global companies including China Development Bank, New Channel International Education Group, Huawei Technologies Ltd, Commercial Bank of China, Base Formula International.
- Students have the opportunity to choose to take part in a placement or internship as part of the Executive Company Project, or participate in an Entrepreneurship Project, or to undertake empirical research towards a dissertation. All of the project options allow you to apply knowledge from the course to a real-world business environment.
- Access to business research that is cited as world leading and internationally excellent by the independent and peer assessed Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014).
Information for international students
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.5 with writing and speaking no less than 6.0. English language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning (CELL), is available both before and during the course.
Please visit dmu.ac.uk/international for more information.
Fees and funding
At DMU, we are committed to helping our graduates enhance their careers and personal development through further study.
Vice-Chancellor’s 2020 Scholarship
Up to 50 per cent of tuition fees offered to Home/EU DMU alumni for students who wish to continue their studies at DMU by enrolling on a Postgraduate taught course. For more information visit our Vice-Chancellor’s 2020 Scholarship page.
Find out about available scholarships and country specific fee discounts for international students.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0)116 2 50 60 70