You should have the equivalent of a British Honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject.
Months of entry
Computing MSc is a broad-ranging course that concentrates on the latest tools and techniques of modern computer science, ensuring graduates are highly employable in a diverse range of careers.
This course covers object-oriented programming, computer systems and networking, database analysis and design, systems analysis and design and more. You will be exposed to the most recent developments in both theory and practice of modern computing.
You can apply for this course even if you have no previous experience in computing or IT, but you will need to demonstrate some aptitude for logical analysis. It is ideally suited to graduates of other subjects who wish to add this discipline to their portfolio.
- Benefit from our Research Expertise - our internationally recognised Centre for Computing and Social Responsibility will have input into the course and will explore and allow you to understand the current research issues.
- Dedicated Computer Science Laboratories - you will have accesstoour industry standard software used in e-commerce so that you develop relevant skills.
- Industry placement opportunity - you can chose to undertake a year-long work placement, gaining valuable experience and skill giving you a head start in your career once you have finished the course.
- More than 50 years of history in research and teaching in computing technology - benefit from our well established academic expertise and advance your skills in, and knowledge of, developing computing solutions to business problems.
- Excellent graduate prospects - You will develop the skills you need to progress to roles such as systems analyst, programmer, software architect and research development project leader in global organisations like Hewlett Packard and Marks and Spencer.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent when you start the course is essential.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Technology Admissions
- +44 (0)116 257 7456