You should have the equivalent of a British Honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject. We are happy to consider equivalent qualifications from anywhere in the world. If you have no formal academic qualifications but do have extensive industry experience we will consider your application on an individual basis.
Months of entry
Businesses now frequently possess and want to exploit huge, high volume, varied dynamic data sets, known as big data. Analytics is a subset of what has become to be called Business Intelligence. This is a set of technologies and processes used to understand data and analyse business performance.
There is a growing need for professionals who can combine both analytical and software techniques in appropriate ways to allow the processing of ‘big data’. Data Analytics MSc is designed to provide these analytics and processing skills embedded within a business intelligence context.
- Taught by experienced SAS accredited teaching staff on an SAS-endorsed course, leading towards SAS accreditation in a number of areas.
- We have a history of more than 50 years of research and teaching in computing and technology, allowing you to benefit from academic expertise and knowledge whilst you study.
- Gain an insight into real world problem-solving with our research groups, you have the opportunity to attend guest lectures and seminars giving you a real understanding on the impact of their work.
- Enhance your employability and gain substantial knowledge and skills in the deployment of SAS business intelligence software leading towards SAS data miner accreditation.
- You will be equipped with the relevant skills for business intelligence and data mining roles within any target industry, with the additional option to complete a placement year in industry.
This course emphasises the concepts and techniques of business intelligence systems, their application and development, which are underpinned and exemplified via the learning of one or more contemporary ‘best of breed’ business intelligence software tools.
- Fundamentals of Business Intelligence Systems
- Analytics Programming
- Data Warehouse Design and OLAP
- Business Intelligence Systems Application and Development
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Mining
- Research Methods
- Individual project
Information for international students
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent when you start the course is essential - On-site accommodation - A number of English Language courses are run for international students before courses begin in September and January.
Fees and funding
Access to funding for postgraduate study is a key part of the decision-making process for many students and there are several funding opportunities to explore. To learn more about funding please visit our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Technology Admissions
- 0116 257 7456