Applicants should normally be employed by and sponsored by law enforcement or associated agencies, or a reputable organisation involved in the forensic computing domain Accredited Prior Learning (APL) may be awarded to those who have studied equivalent short courses elsewhere. For more information please call the Research and Innovation Office on +44 (0)116 250 6339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org You should normally have the equivalent of a British Honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject but we are happy to consider industry experience or equivalent qualifications. If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
Months of entry
January, December, November, October, September, August, July, June, May, April, March, February
This course is intended to provide a pathway to academic accreditation and recognition for current practitioners who do not have a relevant first degree. It addresses the need for continuing professional development and career progression within a rapidly changing environment. The scheme is composed of a series of short course modules and associated coursework modules which can be taken on a standalone basis or may be used to build an award.
Reasons to study Forensic Computing for Practitioners at DMU
- The flexibility of the course allows you to fit the course around your work commitments
- It is aimed at those who have the relevant industry experience and no formal qualifications
- Gain access to dedicated laboratories and be taught by nationally recognised digital forensics practitioners at DMU’s prestigious Cyber Security Centre
- You will study a range of specialist modules that you are able to choose based on your area of interest
If you would like more information about this modular approach, please see our Forensic Computing Short Courses pages.
Fees and funding
Price upon application.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Technology Admissions Office
- +44 (0)116 257 7456
- +44 (0)116 250 7693