You should usually have a good Honours degree in business or law, an international equivalent or professional qualification. No work experience is required. In exceptional cases, applicants without a related degree but with extensive business or legal experience will be considered. English Language requirements If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.5 (including a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent is normally required. English language tuition is available at DMU both before and during the course, if required
Months of entry
The course provides you with a thorough ground in all aspects of business law and is taught by staff with extensive expertise in many legal fields. The course is suitable for graduates in either business or law and for international, EU and UK students.
- Gain a competitive edge by increasing your knowledge of business law
- The diverse range of specialist modules within the course will allow you to tailor your studies to meet your career aspirations
- Improve your career and employability options in a globalised job market
- Enjoy a diverse learning experience with students from other legal systems
- This course will prepare you for employment in industry or academia
- Learn from lecturers with extensive academic international experience from a wide variety of backgrounds
- In addition to academic and research expertise, the teaching team also includes experienced legal practitioners. This gives the course a balance of practical and academic focus
- Learn about the common law and civil law approaches to business law
- Graduate with the skills to pursue a career in such as, management, exporting and consultancy
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, an overall IELTS score of 6.5 with at least 6.5 in the writing test component and no less than 5.5 in each of the other components or equivalent qualification is normally required.
Fees and funding
At DMU, we are committed to helping our graduates enhance their careers and personal development through further study. We are proud to currently offer a scholarship for this course.
Vice-Chancellor’s 2020 Scholarship
Up to 50 per cent of tuition fees offered to Home/EU DMU alumni for students who wish to continue their studies at DMU by enrolling on a Postgraduate taught course. For more information visit our Vice-Chancellor’s 2020 Scholarship page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Business & Law
- 0116 250 6070