This exciting new programme is unique in Ireland and is designed to give advanced, postgraduate singers and répétiteur the highest level operatic training possible.
Months of entry
The Master of Music (Opera/Répétiteur) programme is suitable for singers with sufficient relevant experience and vocal maturity to cope with the rigorous demands of the programme and who clearly demonstrate the potential for entry to the profession. The programme is also open to repetiteurs with sufficient relevant experience and who clearly demonstrate the potential for entry to the profession.
- develop and refine your individual performance artistry as an opera singer/repetiteur;
- develop creative skills and professional attitudes to enable engagement and collaboration in the opera-making process and the wider profession;
- promote advanced skills in research, critical reflection, and communication;
- develop skills for education, self-promotion and personal business management.
On completion of your studies, you are expected to be able to:
- perform with advanced and distinctive technical and expressive artistry, and synthesizing a wide range of skills, knowledge and understanding;
- collaborate effectively and creatively with professionals, peers and non-specialists;
- demonstrate advanced skills in research and communication;
- engage in critical reflection and respond positively to feedback from professionals and peers;
- demonstrate a range of skills associated with entrepreneurialism, self-promotion and career preparation.
Information for international students
International Student Office, Dublin Institute of Technology, International Office, DIT, 41 Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1. Find out more at the International Office: telephone: +353 1 402 4253/ 7844; email: email@example.com.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Colette McGahon-Tosh
- 01 402 3471