Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
About Durham University Business School
Founded in 1965, Durham University Business School is one of the longest established business schools in the UK. We are one of an elite group of institutions in the UK to be accredited by all three major bodies – AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. With a portfolio of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level programmes, our School combines academic excellence and incisive research with exceptional global business connections and excellent career development opportunities. The Business School is integral to Durham University, a globally outstanding centre of teaching and research excellence, and a member of the prestigious Russell Group of the UK’s leading research universities.
The School’s research is internationally renowned, both for its academic rigour and the benefits it brings to society as a whole - 79% of our research is assessed as being ‘internationally excellent’ or ‘world-leading’ (REF2014).
Accreditations and rankings
- The Business School is one of an elite group of institutions in the UK accredited by all three major bodies – AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
- The School is ranked Top 10 in the UK in the Financial Times European Business School Ranking 2020.
- Our MSc Finance programme is ranked Top 50 in the world / Top 10 in the UK – Financial Times Masters in Finance pre-experience Ranking 2020.
- Our Masters in Finance programmes are affiliated with the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst Institute).
- Our MSc Management programme is ranked Top 10 in the UK in the Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking 2020 and in the QS World University Rankings: Masters in Management Ranking 2021.
- Our MSc Human Resource Management programme is accredited by the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel Development).
- Our MSc Marketing programme is ranked Top 30 in the world / Top 10 in the UK – QS World University Rankings: Masters in Marketing Ranking 2021.
- Our MSc Marketing programme has a professional partnership with the Chartered Institute of marketing (CIM) – gain professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway.
- Our MSc Accounting programme carries exemptions from ACCA and CIMA.
Taught by a world-class faculty and supported by international-quality research, our intensive one-year, full-time Masters programmes will help you develop the analytical and practical skills employers value. Our portfolio of Durham University Business School Masters programmes includes:
- MSc Economics
- MSc Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
- MSc Experimental Economics
- MSc Public Economics
- MSc Finance
- MSc Finance (Accounting and Finance)
- MSc Finance (Corporate and International Finance)
- MSc Finance (Economics and Finance)
- MSc Finance (Finance and Investment)
- MSc Finance (International Banking and Finance)
- MSc Finance (International Money, Finance and Investment)
- MSc Management
- MSc Management (Entrepreneurship)
- MSc Management (Finance)
- MSc Human Resource Management
- MSc Management (International Business)
- MSc Management (Supply Chain Logistics)
We offer a comprehensive and generous package of Masters scholarships to celebrate and reward exceptional candidates. All Durham University Business School Masters programme offer holders for October 2021 entry will be automatically considered for applicable scholarships; no separate scholarship application is necessary. Scholarships will be applied as a discount against the full tuition fee for the programme. View all Masters scholarships, including the criteria and terms and conditions here.
For programme fees visit our website to view individual fees by programme.
Our Global Career and Talent Programme is designed to give you the opportunity to develop the skills necessary for a global career. With its own dedicated postgraduate careers team, we offer a full range of careers services. Created to complement the events, workshops and fairs that are organised by the University’s Careers and Enterprise Centre, our Global Careers and Talent team will support you through your programme and beyond.
English language requirements and support
If your first language is not English, you will need evidence of competence in written and spoken English - visit our website to view requirements by programme. If your scores fall slightly short, or if you would like to advance your English skills, you may be able to attend a pre-sessional English language course at Durham University’s English Language Centre.
Facilities, colleges and accommodation
At Durham you will benefit from all the resources you’d expect from a leading business school. From the latest IT and library services to a virtual learning environment. You will have access to exceptional facilities and teaching spaces including the new state-of-the-art Teaching and Learning Centre. All full-time postgraduate students become a member of a college, offering a wide range of societies, social and cultural activities, whilst providing support and a sense of belonging during your time in Durham. Our colleges offer good quality, reasonably priced accommodation but if this is not for you, we can help you find local private accommodation.
Your wider student experience
There can be so much more to student life than studying. Our distinctive collegiate system, dedicated wider student experience organisations - including many societies, sport, theatre and the arts, music and Durham Students' Union - combine to enable you to create and shape your own individual student experience.
Living in Durham
Durham City is home to some of the world’s finest architecture, Durham Castle and Durham Cathedral - together designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site - dominate the skyline. Durham is compact and friendly and provides all the facilities you would expect of a thriving city including, excellent boutiques, cafés, bars and restaurants. You will enjoy a fantastic student lifestyle, in lively surroundings with a superb choice of events and entertainment. Further afield you can explore the breath-taking scenery of the local countryside and coastline, or visit a wide range of attractions, festival and events which cater for every taste.
How to apply
We strongly advise you to apply as soon as possible, particularly if you need University accommodation. Visit our website to view entry requirements by programme or if you’re ready to begin your application you can apply online via our Applicant Portal.
- Durham University Business School
- Mill Hill Lane
- DH1 3LB
- Social media accounts