A good honours degree at 2:1 (or equivalent). Significant relevant experience will also be considered.
Months of entry
The Postgraduate Certificate in the Practice of Education is a flexible part-time course comprising 60 Masters-level credits: one research methods module plus another module chosen from a list of optional modules also offered on our MA in Education course.
With the option of transferring to the MA in Education upon successful completion of both modules, this course is ideal for those who wish to sample postgraduate study prior to committing to a full Masters degree programme.
Teaching has previously been delivered through intensive teaching weekends scheduled around (Durham) school half-term holidays making the course suitable for those working full-time.Course structure:
Over the course of a year students study two 30 credit modules from the list below. In previous years these have included:
- 21st Century Technology: Implications for Teaching and Learning (30 credits)
- Arts in Education (30 credits)
- Curriculum Analysis (30 credits)
- Enhancing Teaching and Learning for Purposeful Thought (30 credits)
- Intercultural and International Education (30 credits)
- Intercultural Communication (30 credits)
- Policy Studies (30 credits)
- Psychology of the Learner (30 credits)
- Special Educational Needs and Inclusion: Rhetoric or Reality? (30 credits)
- Teaching and Learning in Science (30 credits).
Information for international students
Please check the English language requirements for your subject and level of study.
Fees and funding
Please see the funding page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- (0) 191 334 1000