UK 2.1 Bachelor degree, or equivalent. The degree should be in the field of social sciences, but we will actively consider significant relevant experience in lieu of this requirement.
Months of entry
The MSc Global Politics aims to provide you with knowledge of the political, economic, cultural and moral debates about how and to what extent the effects of globalisation can be governed.
This course will provide the means for you to develop the analytical and conceptual skills necessary to understand and discuss:
- The key international and transnational structures, organisations and institutions that have developed in the era following the Second World War
- The range of the academic debates in the area of global governance
- Policy developments and innovations in the fields of economics, security, and environment
- The moral justification for different and sometimes competing regimes of global governance.
You will also benefit from the wide range of academic resources within the School of Government and International Affairs, the Law School, the Department of Geography, and Durham University Business School, making the MSc Global Politics a truly unique interdisciplinary course.
- Global Governance
- Global Political Theory
Information for international students
Please check requirements for your subject and level of study.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Government and International Affairs
- +44 (0)191 334 1000