Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- A commitment to, and understanding of, primary education, demonstrating the personal attributes, values and motivation required to train as a teacher;
- Suitable presentational qualities, including a good standard of written English.
- A degree equivalent to UK first-class or second-class honours (2:2 or above). No specific subjects are required;
- GCSE English Language and GCSE Mathematics at Grade C or Grade 4 or above (or equivalent);
- GCSE in Combined Science, Physics, Chemistry or Biology at Grade C or Grade 4 (or equivalent) .
Months of entry
- Computing/Technology Enhanced Learning
- Creative Arts
- Modern Languages
- Special Educational Needs/Disabilities
- Learning Outside The Classroom
Fees and funding
If you are a prospective UK student who will be joining this PGCE in academic year 2021/22, the tuition fee will be £9,250 (subject to final Government approval). Tuition fees for international students enrolling on the programme in academic year 2021/22 are £13,500. Exemptions apply for EU students who have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, as well as Irish nationals, who may be eligible for the UK tuition fee rate.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Edge Hill subject knowledge audits in English and Mathematics;
- A Career Entry Development Profile (CEDP) which serves as a bridge between your PGCE programme and your Induction Year as a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT).
Course contact details
- +44(0)1695 575171