- A first or second class Honours degree in a relevant subject from a UK university (or equivalent qualification). Non-relevant degree subjects may be considered if you have an A Level (or equivalent qualification) in Biology and a willingness to engage in subject knowledge enhancement;
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics at Grade C or Grade 4 or above (or equivalent qualification);
- Satisfactory levels of Information and Communications Technology competence;
- A commitment to, and understanding of, secondary education, demonstrating the personal attributes, values and motivation required to train as a teacher.
Months of entry
Fees and funding
If you are a prospective UK or EU student who will be joining this PGCE in academic year 2020/21, the tuition fee will be £9,250. Tuition fees for international students enrolling on the programme in academic year 2020/21 are £13,250.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Developing a portfolio to detail the activities used to build your subject and teaching knowledge;
- Conducting a small-scale piece of classroom research;
- Evidencing your assessment practice.
Course contact details
- +44(0)1695 575171