- A first or second class Honours degree from a UK university (or equivalent qualification) in a Biology-related discipline;
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics at Grade C or Grade 4 or above (or equivalent qualification);
- Satisfactory levels of Information and Communications Technology competence;
- A commitment to, and understanding of, secondary education, demonstrating the personal attributes, values and motivation required to train as a teacher.
Months of entry
Fees and funding
If you are a prospective UK or EU student who will be joining this PGCE in academic year 2019/20, the tuition fee will be £9,250. Tuition fees for international students enrolling on the programme in academic year 2019/20 are £13,000.If you are a prospective UK or EU student who will be joining this PGCE in academic year 2020/21, tuition fees are still to be announced. You are advised to check this page regularly and once the position has been confirmed we will update this information. Tuition fees for international students enrolling on the programme in academic year 2020/21 are £13,250.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Developing a portfolio to detail the activities used to build your subject and teaching knowledge;
- Conducting a small-scale piece of classroom research;
- Evidencing your assessment practice.
Course contact details
- +44(0)1695 575171