- Teaching in a primary school, committed to improving the quality of learning and teaching of mathematics, and enthusiastic about becoming an ambassador for mathematics in both your own and other settings;
- Teaching in a secondary or middle school, seeking a better understanding of the pedagogy of teaching Key Stage 2/3 mathematics, and wishing to develop your knowledge of the Key Stage 2 curriculum in order to facilitate a smooth transition into Key Stage 3;
- Teaching in a secondary school, meeting the needs of children who have not reached Level 4 mathematics at the end of Key Stage 2, and thus attracting the catch-up premium;
- Teaching in a special school, seeking to improve your mathematics subject knowledge, and able to differentiate for all learners through the use of a variety of pedagogies;
- Teaching in a teaching school seeking support to deliver continuing professional development to other settings in the same cluster.
Months of entry
Fees and funding
Tuition fees for part-time study on this MA are £36 per credit for UK and EU students enrolling on the programme in academic year 2018/19, i.e. £1,080 per 30 credit module.60 credits are required to complete a Postgraduate Certificate. 180 credits are required to complete a Masters degree.The University may administer a small inflationary rise in part-time postgraduate tuition fees in subsequent academic years as you progress through the course.
Qualification and course duration
PGCert / MA
Course contact details
- +44(0)1695 575171