- Teaching in a primary school, committed to improving the quality of learning and teaching of mathematics, and enthusiastic about becoming an ambassador for mathematics in both your own and other settings;
- Teaching in a secondary or middle school, seeking a better understanding of the pedagogy of teaching Key Stage 2 mathematics, and wishing to develop your knowledge of the Key Stage 2 curriculum in order to facilitate a smooth transition into Key Stage 3;
- Teaching in a secondary school, meeting the needs of children who have not reached expected standards of mathematics at the end of Key Stage 2;
- Teaching in a special school, seeking to improve your mathematics subject knowledge, and able to differentiate for all learners through the use of a variety of pedagogies;
- Teaching in a teaching school seeking support to deliver continuing professional development to other settings in the same cluster.
Months of entry
Fees and funding
Tuition fees for studying on this Postgraduate Certificate or MA are: £37 per credit for UK and EU students enrolling on the course in academic year 2019/20, i.e. £1,110 per 30 credit module; £38 per credit for UK and EU students enrolling on the course in academic year 2020/21, i.e. £1,140 per 30 credit module. 60 credits are required to complete a Postgraduate Certificate, while 180 credits are required to complete a Masters degree.The University may administer a small inflationary rise in tuition fees, in line with Government policy, in subsequent academic years as you progress through the course.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- PGCert / MA
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44(0)1695 575171