A Bachelor (Honours) degree at 2:2 or above. We look for candidates who have a background in Physical Activity & Health, Sport and Exercise Science, Sports Coaching, Psychology, Nursing, Physiotherapy or other Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) qualifications.
We may also consider other qualifications/experience which demonstrate through our recognition of prior learning process that you have appropriate knowledge and skills at SCQF level 10.
The University does not sponsor students to study on part-time programmes in the UK under the Student Visa route. International Applicants must therefore have other valid immigration leave to study on this programme.
Months of entry
Do you want to develop expert knowledge in the science of exercise assessment and prescription? Come and study with us and develop your scientific and applied knowledge.
The evidence demonstrating that physical activity reduces the risk of developing chronic conditions such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, obesity and type 2 diabetes highlights the need for clinical exercise practitioners with high level knowledge of physical activity and health who can work within community and healthcare settings.
This programme offers a well-balanced blend between practice and theory. The course is multi-disciplinary in nature covering aspects of exercise physiology, exercise and health psychology, biomechanical principles as well as clinical skills.
People often ask us, what does a Clinical Exercise Scientist do? A Clinical Exercise Scientist/Specialist/Physiologist supports people who:
- are recovering from injury, or perhaps have a prior injury they do not want to exacerbate but would like to become fitter and healthier.
- have a chronic health condition (such as cancer, diabetes, stroke low mood, depression and anxiety, hypertension, high cholesterol, asthma, obesity, osteoporosis, etc) for which exercise would be beneficial.
- have goals around losing or maintaining a healthy weight
- are looking for a tailored and prescribed exercise programme to meet health and wellness needs.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24-48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions and Enquiries
- +44 (0)333 900 6040