You'll need a good Honours degree in sport science, sport and exercise science, coaching science or related area. Degree-equivalent qualifications will be considered in related areas, e.g physiology, psychology, physical education, as will appropriate experience gained sport science, sport and exercise science, coaching science or related area.
Months of entry
The course is studied over three trimesters. You'll learn by a variety of teaching methods including lectures, tutorials, laboratory sessions, and through independent study. There may also be some opportunities to study abroad.
- Scientific Methods plus two core modules
- Scientific Support in Sport, Contemporary Issues in Sport and Exercise Science, Independent Study Module (40 credits)
Research project (60 credits) Core Modules:
- Applied Biomechanics -Performance Enhancement
- Psychological Interventions for Sport Performance Enhancement
- Physiological Factors Affecting Sporting Performance
- Independent Study
Information for international students
For applicants whose first language is not English, the following is generally required: minimum IELTS 6.0, TOEFL 550/213 Please see our website for up-to-date information.
Fees and funding
Please see our website for up-to-date fee & funding information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Information Office
- 08452 60 60 40