All the creative professionals interested in complementing their professional training with research and innovation tools. Businesspeople and entrepreneurs interested in exploring and creating new business models and collaboration. Engineers, technologists and techniciants interested in developing creation and innovation abilities.Professionals of other areas interested in innovating in their sector.
Months of entry
MA 10 months
PGDip 5 months
Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 5 to 9.15 p.m.
The master’s degree combines two powerful disciplines in the pre-design process: trend research and co-creation techniques.It is focused on providing current tools related to qualitative and ethnographic research, interdisciplinarity and design thinking geared toward innovation processes applicable to society and industry.
We see innovation as a process of continually addressing users’ real and changing needs in order to improve quality of life through products, services, experiences and new tools. Old patterns are re-examined and re-evaluated and prototypes are being boldly designed based exclusively on thorough research.
During the course, we carry out research projects in the private and public sectors, such as at rtemide, Lékué, Telefónica, Cirque du Soleil or the City of Barcelona among others. We collaborate with multiple entities, groups, institutions and universities involved with innovation in Europe and Latin America, to strengthen networks and facilitate partnerships.
Students in each course go on two field trips to European cities to explore trends, working patterns and user opinions. They come back with a wide range of innovation-related options. We organise workshops and events that help increase participation around issues such as design, trends, innovation and design thinking.
- To train researchers with creation and participation capacity in innovation and development processes.
- To provide the professionals that are not linked to design with tools that could complement their training in scientific, technical and humanistic fields, in order to improve their professional profile and their opportunities.
- To offer professionals linked to design an interaction space with other agents of the innovation processes with the objective of working in multidisciplinary teams.
- To approach innovation in a broad sense, including their technological, social, creative, productive and business model aspects.
- To promote the creation of exchange and collaboration spaces and events amongst all the agents linked to the innovation processes.
- To provide the organizations, companies and governments with the exploration of new systems, products, services and experiences through academic projects related to innovation.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nuria Garcia
- +(34) 93 553 59 04