Graduates in Design. Graduates in Fine Arts. Graduates in Communication. Professionals with proven experience in this field.
Months of entry
The programme is a postgraduate training designed for anyone who wants to know professionally the methodological and design branding field about large-scale market surfaces. The programme of this course is about the professional tools and the theoretical concepts that every designer needs to master.
The aim of this postgraduate course is to teach students the fundamentals and skills required to perform any task about branding design, which requires many stages of research, analysis, modeling, adjustments and adaptations pre-production final service/space.
It also covers many disciplines and trades on a space/service taking in consideration the design and the number of people participating on it.
The purpouse is to carry out a process of observation and a research of alternatives and possibilities in the world of small-scale branding in order to be able to develop and control the final design, not only in the material, but also image, communication and brand.
The theory and the practical exercises will give the student a conceptual knowledge in this field, in great demand nowadays in the technological and social circles.
Postgraduate Diploma in Retail Design. Design and Concept: The Brand
MODULE 1. INTRODUCTION TO MARKETING THEORY / RETAIL BRANDING:
- Marketing theory.
- Display of case studies.
- Group work: case studies (market comparisons by country, age, etc.).
- Discussion: sharing case study results.
MODULE 2.THE CHALLENGE OF BRANDING / NEW TECHNOLOGIES:
- Introduction to the challenge of branding. A journey through the world of retail (introduction).
- New technologies: the transformation of consumption.
- The “tuning” phenomenon: customisation (the self factor). Discussion: association of elements and environments with consumer behaviour.
- Group case study. Introduction to branding and its varieties.
- Types and strategies.
- Brand analysis.
- Discussion: the process for analysing branding strategies.
MODULE 3. RESEARCH PROJECT:
- Project presentation and development.
- Work in research groups.
- New trends and eco-design.
- Project presentation and group discussion.
MODULE 4.GRAPHIC ART / BRAND IDENTITY AND IMAGERY:
- Design as strategy.
- Analysis of the search process for retail iconography.
- Values and trends.
- Case studies.
MODULE 5. FIELD TRIPS
MODULE 6. VISUAL - WINDOW-DRESSING:
- Visual merchandising / product display / Fixtures & Flow.
- The principles of visual merchandising.
- Marketing applied to social shopping behaviour. Tour Shopping.
- Product analysis and strategy.
- Case study and exercise: business analysis and product display research.
- Models: effective display techniques.
- Window-dressing as a hook/attraction technique.
- States: the exchange.
- The dynamics of crossing: input-output, in-out.
- Exercise: how to capture a customer's social profile.
- The technique of window-dressing.
- Materials, lighting and technologies.
MODULE 7. TRENDS:
- Market trends.
- New customers and customer segmentation.
MODULE 8.COMMERCIAL DESIGN AND IMAGE. BRAND / PROJECT:
- Project presentation and development.
- Project development and exhibition.
- Presentation and discussion of proposals.
Introduction: choosing environments.
New lighting technologies and materials.
The effect. Handling spaces (infographics, scenography).
Group work discussion: analysis and selection of lighting and states for activity programs.
MODULE 9. FP-FINAL PROJECT: HANDS-ON EXERCISE WITH PARTNER COMPANY:
- The project has to cover all modules developed throughout the course.
- Project presentation.
- Development of brief in groups.
- Presentation of findings to the partner company.
Holds a B.S in Interiors from Maestro Mateo School of Art and Crafts, Spain and a B.S in Architecture with honours from Pratt Institute School of Architecture. She is principal of Atelier Malvar+ Tusch .Llc in New York, where she specializes as a designer and brand/commerce consultant.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nuria Garcia
- +(34) 93 553 59 04