1. A previous degree in any discipline
2. In order to enroll in the Quantitative Business stream:
- Proof of strong quantitative abilities, either with a degree in an analytical field OR a degree in any discipline with a strong GMAT score (top 20% globally in the quantitative section).
In order to enroll in the Innovative Management stream:
- A degree in any discipline with excellent grades
- GMAT or GRE is optional but may be requested in certain cases by the Admissions Team
3. Ideally no more than 18 months of postgraduate work experience
4. Proof of English fluency
Months of entry
ESMT Berlin - European School of Management and Technology, located in the heart of Berlin, Germany, is a private business school founded by 25 multinational corporations. The school’s expertise focuses on the development of entrepreneurial leaders with a global focus on social responsibility and the management of technology. ESMT is one of the top ranked business schools in Germany with a global network of alumni in over 40 countries.
The Master's in Management (MIM) at ESMT Berlin is a two-year, pre-experience program that combines applied work in companies with high-quality coursework and research on the latest management theories. It was developed in consultation with top German and international companies.
The MIM courses are divided into two streams with a focus on international management. One stream is designed for quantitative decision analysts (Quantitative Business) and one stream for creative and strategic thinkers (Innovative Management). Depending on the stream, students can choose among four specializations:
- Business Analytics: Data Science and Data Mining, Advanced Decision Analysis, Spreadsheet Modeling, Predictive Analytics
- Finance & Investments: International Finance & Risk Management, Entrepreneurial Finance and FinTech, Valuating Companies
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation: Innovation and New Product Management, The Human Factor of Innovation, Design Thinking
- Global & Digital Strategy: Understanding Global Challenges, Digital Disruption & Business Models, Digital Marketing
The program includes up to 11 months of internships and team projects in German enterprises, Berlin start-ups or abroad, fully integrated into the curriculum. Current internship partners for ESMT students include Allianz, Axel Springer, Barclays, BMW, Bosch, Deutsche Bank, Deutsche Post DHL, EY, E.ON, Gazprom, McKinsey, Siemens and ThyssenKrupp.
Working in groups, MIM candidates spend 1,5 months working on a Social Impact Project with an international NGO, non-profit, or social venture. This year, students worked on: Sustainable energy projects in Bangladesh and Madagascar; projects including the assessment of social innovation programs by a global consulting firm in Germany; measuring the cost of inaction in developing countries; developing a mobile app for health improvement in Berlin and launching a financial literacy program for German high school students.
All students learn a foreign language. German students will learn a strategically significant language like Chinese or Spanish; international students learn German.
Information for international students
Classes at ESMT are over 80% international.
Fees and funding
ESMT will offer a limited number of partial tuition scholarships for students of exceptional academic merit. A small number of full-tuition scholarships will also be available for excellent applicants from developing economies in financial need (Kofi Annan Fellowship). Visit our website for more information on funding.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Boban Sulic