- An Art degree (or equivalent) or in some circumstances, a related subject with other Art & Design background.
- Maths and English at Grade C or above at GCSE. (Note: an equivalency test is available from the university.)
- Successful completion of the Get Into Teaching Skills Test. We recommend you review GITEP’s Skills Tests Procedure for 2016 Entry.
- Degree at 2:2 or above.
- Involvement with young people, e.g., coaching, youth club.
- Recent connections with Secondary education.
- Recent involvement in art societies, clubs, etc.
- An awareness of issues in Art & Design education.
Months of entry
Trainees come together with Clare Medcroft, the Subject Leader, for a weekly opportunity to learn more about the subject and the pedagogy of Art and Design. It is an opportunity to learn from Clare, visiting experts and each other.
Visits extend trainees’ subject knowledge and provide ideas for school trips and the value of them. Recent trips have been to Oxford and London to see art first-hand and the course provides lots of opportunities for trainees to develop their practical skills linking with the work of contemporary artists.
Information for international students
If you have studied outside the UK, you should visit the National Academic Recognition Centre (NARIC) website to find out whether your qualifications are of an equivalent level to UK GCSEs, A Levels and an undergraduate degree.
Fees and funding
Please see the finance page for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01242 505945