- A Chemistry degree (or equivalent) or in some circumstances, a related subject with other Chemistry background.
- Maths and English at Grade C or above at GCSE. (Note: an equivalency test is available from the university.)
- Successful completion of the Get Into Teaching Skills Test. We recommend you review GITEP’s Skills Tests Procedure for 2016 Entry.
- Degree at 2:2 or above.
- Involvement with young people, e.g., coaching, youth club.
- Recent connections with Secondary education.
- An awareness of issues in Chemistry education.
Months of entry
Trainees come together with Emmaline Fletcher-Sykes, the Subject Leader, for a weekly opportunity to learn more about the subject and the related pedagogy. Chemistry is a vast and complex subject and most trainees have a detailed knowledge of only one strand. Support to develop all strands is given throughout the year from Emmaline and visiting experts. Trainees support each other, sharing highs and lows, resources and lesson ideas, contributing to sessions and undertaking follow-up tasks.
Fees and funding
Please see the finance page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01242 505945