- A Maths degree (or equivalent) or in some circumstances, a related subject with some mathematics content, e.g., engineering.
- Maths and English at Grade C or above at GCSE. (Note: an equivalency test is available from the university.)
- Successful completion of the Get Into Teaching Skills Test. We recommend you review GITEP’s Skills Tests Procedure for 2016 Entry.
- Degree at 2:2 or above.
- Involvement with young people, e.g., coaching, youth club.
- Recent connections with Secondary education.
- An awareness of issues in Maths education (TES, Mathematics Education, nrich).
Months of entry
Trainees come together weekly with Steve Lomax, the Subject Leader, for the opportunity to learn more about the subject and the pedagogy of Maths, from Steve, visiting experts and each other.
Subject sessions normally take place at the GITEP Training Room on a Thursday afternoon, but there are also opportunities to visit schools in the partnership.
Fees and funding
Please see the finance page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01242 505945