- A Modern Foreign Language degree (or equivalent).
- Maths and English at Grade C or above at GCSE. (Note: an equivalency test is available from the university.)
- Successful completion of the Get Into Teaching Skills Test. We recommend you review GITEP’s Skills Tests Procedure for 2016 Entry.
- Degree at 2:2 or above.
- Involvement with young people, e.g., coaching, youth club.
- Recent connections with Secondary education.
- An awareness of issues in Modern Foreign Language education.
Months of entry
Applicants will normally have a degree in a Modern Foreign Language or in some circumstances another subject with significant language content will be considered. Additionally, a degree may be in an unrelated subject if the candidate is a native speaker. Candidates will undertake part of the interview in their chosen language, and be required to write on a specified topic to demonstrate sufficient language skills. It is desirable to have a second subsidiary language, but not mandatory. Along with an awareness of educational issues, a desire to excite, stimulate and engage young people from 11-18 with the possibilities and pleasures open to them in studying a Modern Foreign Language is a good starting point for an application.
Fees and funding
Please see the finance page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01242 505945