- A PE or sports related degree (or equivalent) (e.g., sports coaching, sport and exercise science).
- Maths and English at Grade C or above at GCSE. (Note: an equivalency test is available from the university.)
- Successful completion of Get Into Teaching Skills Test. We recommend you review GITEP’s Skills Tests Procedure for 2016 Entry.
- Degree at 2:2 or above.
- Involvement with young people, e.g., coaching, youth club.
- Recent connections with Secondary education.
- Recent involvement in physical activity and/or sport, i.e., actively engaged in sport and physical activity.
- An awareness of issues in Physical Education (see Physical Education Matters and Association for Physical Education).
Months of entry
Applicants will normally have a PE or sports related degree (e.g. sports coaching, sport and exercise science). They will need to demonstrate that they have considered how to develop their subject knowledge in the National Curriculum requirements for PE, especially where topics/sports have not been covered by their degree. Along with an active engagement in sport or physical activity and awareness of educational issues, a desire to excite, stimulate and engage young people from 11-18 with the possibilities and pleasures open to them in taking part in sport and studying PE is a good starting point for an application.
Information for international students
If you have studied outside the UK, you should visit the National Academic Recognition Centre (NARIC) website to find out whether your qualifications are of an equivalent level to UK GCSEs, A Levels and an undergraduate degree.
Fees and funding
Please see the finance page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01242 505945