You should normally have a Masters degree in a relevant subject area.
Months of entry
We welcome applicants wishing to explore visual culture understood as a meeting ground between creative practices, the philosophical and the political.
We usually accept research students into the Department of Visual Cultures on the basis of a match between your proposed research and the current research interests of the department as well as an assessment of your qualifications and suitability to undertake a research degree.
Research in the department is organised around the following thematic clusters:
- Culture, Memory, Futurity
- Environmental Humanities and Ecologies
- Globalisation and Transcultural practices
- Performance and Live Art
- Philosophy, Critical and Visual Theory
- Political Aesthetics
- Sexes, Genders, Genres
- Spatial Practice and Architecture
- Technologies of Image and Sound
- The Curatorial
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)20 7078 5300