You will need a minimum 2:1 or equivalent Bachelors degree in an appropriate subject. Further research experience or a Masters degree is preferable.
Months of entry
- Choice of one year (MRes), two year (MPhil) or three year (PhD) research degrees
- Excellent completion rates for higher degrees
- Good job prospects for PhD candidates in industry, government organisations and academia
- Accessible academic staff
- Rural location and collegiate atmosphere
- Unique facilities
- Fortnightly research seminar programme
PhD and MPhil research at the University has been developed over the last 20 years to its current position of national and international recognition in a number of areas. There are strong links with agri-business which give postgraduates the chance to develop close contacts with industry and this has led to more than 90 per cent of our PhD graduates getting jobs in their areas of interest.
The MRes is a new, shorter research degree, developed in response to increasing demand.
All MPhil/PhD research students have their own office space and a dedicated personal computer. You will be encouraged to participate in seminars and conferences appropriate to your research.
Information for international students
http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk/international/english-language.cfm. IELTS 6.5 overall (least 5.5 in each of the 4 individual components) TOEFL 90-91 overall ( least the following in each component - 21 listening; 22 reading; 23 speaking; 21 writing) Pearson PTE 58-64 overall (at least 51 in each of the 4 individual components)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Heather Hogan