To study for the master’s degree you will need either:
- An honours degree in a mathematical, analytical or engineering based discipline, with either a first or 2:1 honours classification; or
- A postgraduate diploma (PgDip) or equivalent in a mathematical, analytical or engineering based subject.
For the postgraduate certificate or diploma you will need either:
- An honours degree in a mathematical, analytical or engineering-based subject; or
- A good UK-based HND or foundation degree in a mathematical, analytical or engineering based discipline, together with at least two years’ related industrial or professional experience; or
- A graduate diploma/certificate or equivalent in a mathematical, analytical or engineering based subject.
Months of entry
This course is specifically aimed at students who didn’t study engineering as their first degree but want to develop a career in the field and – ultimately – achieve chartered engineering status.
It will appeal to those with a science or maths-based undergraduate degree who would like a more applied qualification, with a view to careers as a product specialist, in product support or technical sales roles within the agricultural mobile machinery industry.
The course will also suit engineering graduates who wish to gain the required academic qualification for registration as a Chartered Engineer, and/or who wish to develop into the agricultural machinery sector.
It will help you understand the agricultural environment and crop production processes, and to evaluate and support the machinery and technologies that are employed there.
- Get experience in the design, development and appraisal of new products, systems and/or test equipment.
- Learn to communicate ideas and technical management solutions to different audiences.
- Develop the skills for technical specialist roles in the mobile agricultural machinery industry.
- Enhance your job prospects with high level academic study and the development of professional practice.
- Master the art of formulating an hypothesis, designing suitable methods to test it and draw valid conclusions.
- Use research techniques to solve problems encountered in the agricultural engineering industry.
- Fulfil the academic requirements for a Chartered Engineer’s matching section if you have completed an accredited honours degree in an appropriate engineering discipline, or for an Incorporated Engineer’s matching section for those with a scientific or mathematical honours degree.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Office
- +44(0)1952 81 5289