Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
To be eligible for the IE-SMU MBA you must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Solid academic record
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited undergraduate university
- A completed application form
- GMAT or GRE score, with IE or SMU admission tests as alternatives
- One essay and one other form of self-expression
- Two Referee letters
- Work verification letter (optional)
- Organization Chart
- Bachelor’s Degree (if award of degree is not mentioned on transcript)
- TOEFL or IELTS score (if candidate’s degree was not taught in English)
Applicants have on average 7 years experience.
Months of entry
The programme provides professionals from within and outside the region with a competitive advantage by supplying them with the necessary tools to become an Asia-Pacific business expert.
The IE-SMU MBA is offered in a Blended learning environment, which combines five face-to-face residential periods with interactive online modules. This allows professionals from diverse backgrounds, industries and cultures to connect, regardless of their geographic location, travel schedules or work commitments.
The IE-SMU partnership combines the best of theory and practice, including the analysis of business cases, simulated environments, as well as faculty-guided, cross-functional, real-life projects.
The courses begins with an online pre-programme which allow students to acquire or refresh basic business-related skills. The programme then starts with students gaining a thorough understanding of the business environment and learning about important concepts and practices of the various business functions. It continues with a set of courses specifically designed to promote critical analysis and to hone leadership and management skills, all of which are tested during a programme-long project experience.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time13 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Sheena Mehta