Applicants should hold a first or second class honours degree in Islamic Studies or related fields.
Months of entry
This course at the Islamic College is aimed at deepening the students’ over all understanding of Islam within historical and modern contexts while providing an opportunity to study Quran, Hadith and other Islamic texts extensively.
The program is structured to benefit students who aspire to continue their studies to a PhD degree and to become future lecturers in the field as well as to those who may seek employment in various fields requiring expertise in Islam.
Alternatively the course would suit those students whose first degree is not in Islamic Studies and are seeking to broaden their understanding of Islam.
The course aims to provide:
- An in-depth knowledge of specialist area within Islamic Studies.
- Use of appropriate methodological approach to the study of Islam.
- Sophisticated comprehension of challenging issues in Islamic Studies.
- Critical thinking, analytical and practical skills in constructing well-reasoned arguments.
- Constructive intellectual class interaction on issues related to Islam and Muslim societies.
- Proficiency in conducting research work and independent study.
- Capability to pursue further postgraduate studies.
- Specialised knowledge and skills that could be used in different career pursuits.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 20 8438 1207