About iUK Academy
At iUK Academy our mission is to provide first class education, training and support to entrepreneurial individuals looking to transform innovative ideas into successful innovative businesses in the UK. Our unique programmes focus on teaching highly practical entrepreneurial skills and the key information required to successfully launch your business.
If you’re a final-year student or recent graduate, looking to start your own business, iUK Academy’s The Entrepreneur Experience programme will help you transform your idea step by step to a fully functioning business product or service.
For international students and graduates, The Entrepreneur Experience progamme is the ideal pathway if you’re looking to begin your business in the UK under the Start-up or Innovator visa programmes. Our comprehensive programme will help you determine whether your idea is innovative, viable and scalable and prepare you to meet the criteria and apply for visa endorsement in the UK and kick start your journey to UK residency.
About the programme
The Entrepreneur Experience is a 12-week interactive live online programme. Over 8 weeks of live online teaching, you’ll learn all aspects of starting a new business, from initial idea validation to creating your business plan through to finding advisors, creating your pitch and exploring financing options.
Our unique programme also includes a 4-week virtual internship with a successful UK SME giving you the opportunity to apply your newly acquired knowledge and skills in a real world environment.
Upon completion of the programme, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the opportunity for your business idea and determine the ideal business model required to bring the idea to market
- Identify your ideal target audience and develop a top-level marketing and communications strategy to launch your new product or service
- Evaluate and put together your early stage management team and grow your network
- Understand the key issues to be aware of when setting up your business in the UK and the roles and responsibilities for business owners
- Gain a solid understanding of financial management for your business
- Learn the different ways to raise finance for your venture and how to negotiate with investors
- Master the techniques of creating a successful pitch and secure investment
- Apply your learning to real world situations through virtual work experience at an SME
Programme Core Modules
- Module 1: Developing Viable Business Ideas & Models
- Module 2: Going to Market
- Module 3: Thrive Sustainably as a Conscious Entrepreneur
- Module 4: Find the Right Startup Team
- Module 5: Accountancy and Tax Considerations
- Module 6: Legal Considerations to Start a New Business
- Module 7: Managing Investment and Fund Raising
- Module 8: Create Your Pitch
- Weeks 9-12: Work Experience
- Work Skills
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals
- Make the most out of Linkedin
The Learning Experience
You’ll benefit from a wide range of teaching formats and immersive experiences throughout:
- Core Modules: Learn and apply essential entrepreneurial frameworks to your business idea in interactive workshops and feedback sessions from UK entrepreneurs and industry experts.
- Advanced Modules: Gain further knowledge and practical skills from industry experts including topics on IP, Culture and Purpose, Digital Marketing and Workplace Skills.
- Founders Talks: Gain insights from successful UK founders as they share their entrepreneurial experiences, provide valuable advice and answer questions.
- Group Mentoring and Peer Support: Get feedback and ask questions at weekly online sessions. Become part of a dynamic and diverse community of entrepreneurs starting busineses in the UK.
- Work Experience: Apply your knowledge and skills in a 4-week virtual internship in a sector of your choice. Gain insight into how the UK organisations operate, work in multiple roles, learn new skills and gain exposure to all parts of the company.
- IOEE Certificate of Completion: Upon successful completion of the programme, receive an IOEE accredited Certificate of Completion, a professionally recognised qualification.
- Prepare for Start-up or Innovator visa endorsement: For international participants, receive introductions to leading endorsing bodies for your Start-up or Innnovator visa endorsement and begin your journey to UK residency.
iUK Academy also offers English language tutoring with lessons tailored according to your individual needs and focusing on the particular English language skills that you would like to improve on.
How to apply
iUK Academy is approved IOEE Enterprise Academy. Our entrepreneurship progammes are accredited by the Institute of Enterprise & Entrepreneurs, the UK’s only Institute dedicated to enterprise and entrepreneurial thinking. Upon successful completion of the programme, learners will receive a professional qualification.
- Social media accounts