- Individual Research Offices and Institutes – Before submitting an application to undertake a research degree at Keele, you are advised to contact the relevant Research Office or Institute. This will allow you to discuss your research proposal, available supervision and the entry requirements of the research programme.
- Qualifications and experience – any academic and professional qualifications or industrial experience you may have are normally taken into account, and in some cases form an integral part of the entrance requirement
- Research programmes – entry to our research programmes usually requires a Honours degree with a first or 2.1 classification, or the equivalent if you have been educated outside the UK.
- Non-standard qualifications – if your qualifications are non-standard or different from the entry requirements stated, please contact the relevant Research Office or Institute to discuss whether your application would be considered.
Months of entry
January, December, November, October, September, August, July, June, May, April, March, February
We have a number of internationally respected research groups within Chemistry at Keele. Collaborations are numerous with academic and industrial partners in the UK and overseas, including for example close ties with the Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL) in Grenoble, France - the world’s leading facility in neutron science and technology, and with AstraZeneca - one of the world’s foremost pharmaceutical companies.
- Organic and Medicinal Chemistry
- Green Chemistry and Clean Energy
- Analytical & Spectroscopic Research
- Chemical Ecology
- Bioinorganic Chemistry of Aluminium and Silicon
Organic and Medicinal Chemistry Green Chemistry and Clean Energy Analytical & Spectroscopic Research Chemical Ecology Bioinorganic Chemistry of Aluminium and Silicon
Information for international students
Candidates require an IELTS score of 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any subtest.
Fees and funding
Please see the funding page for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Ann Billington
- (+44) 01782 734071