Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
ACADEMIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Undergraduate degree in a subject that has Analytical Science components e.g. Chemistry or Forensic Science, with at least a second class lower (2:2) classification or an international equivalent.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
ADDITIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants who meet the academic entry requirements will be offered an interview as part of the selection process.
Months of entry
Scientists play a critical role in shaping our world – planning, leading and conducting experiments and research to solve many of society's problems, creating new technologies, materials, equipment, processes and systems. This MSc in Technical Leadership in Analytical Science not only develops your expertise in advanced science, but also equips you with leadership and management skills that can progress your career, opening up more senior positions. You’ll understand strategy, be able to foster innovation, manage projects professionally, engage and motivate others at a University that has invested £34m in its state-of-the-art science laboratories which feature industry-standard equipment and facilities.
Why Choose This Course?
- Flexible part-time delivery over two years – only 15 days on campus in Year 1 – so you can earn while you learn, with Year 2 dedicated to an extended year-long industrial project.
- You'll gain relevant scientific experience either directly in industry or with industry input here on campus – a minimum of 16 hours per week for 46 weeks in Year 2.
- Ranked in the top 50 UK universities for the teaching of Chemistry, and Business and Management Studies (Complete University Guide 2022).
- Ranked Global Top 500 for Physical Sciences (Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2022).
- Outstanding facilities with high specification experimental and analytical instrumentation to prepare you for professional employment in the science sector.
The programme is designed to provide scientific technical knowledge and skills, including instrumentation and experimental skills, data collection and reporting, while developing the leadership qualities that prepare you professionally for the challenges of the modern science sector. You'll develop a thorough understanding of analytical science through real-life problem-solving activities, which will enhance any previous scientific training. This will enable you to create a workplace culture that promotes scientific endeavour with the ability to convincingly explain any findings to scientists and non-scientists.
Meanwhile, the leadership and management skills specific to this programme will be a fundamental addition to your learning, building your confidence and the capability to engage, motivate and lead others, placing you in a better position to claim senior positions involving driving complex projects and teams forward.
Please note this course has an application deadline of midnight, 15 May 2022 for September 2022 entry. Applications received after this date will be considered if there are still vacancies on the course.
Fees and funding
Information relating to the tuition fees and funding options for this course can be viewed on the Keele University website. https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/postgraduatestudy/tuitionfeesandfunding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details