Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You should normally have, or be about to complete:
- A 2:2 undergraduate degree or a UK Master’s degree (or international equivalent)
- A third-class Honours degree or an Ordinary degree (without Honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of 2 years’ appropriate work experience.
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates a minimum of 3 years’ relevant computing, IT or data management experience. The evidence will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either managerial or professional capacity normally in computing, IT or data related employment which may include development, management or significant responsibility in use of IT or data.
If you earned your undergraduate degree outside the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:2.
Months of entry
Stand out from the crowd in a high demand field. Study an immersive online MSc Computer Science degree from a university with leading teaching and research ratings and superb student satisfaction scores.
The online MSc Computer Science degree from Keele University has been specifically created to develop the knowledge and skills to excel in a computer science career. The programme is ideal for ambitious individuals who want to launch an exciting new career in this fast growing field, who have not previously studied computer science or have prior work experience in the field, as well as those professionals who currently work in computer science roles and are looking for an academic qualification to accelerate their career progression.
The course equips you for careers ranging from roles as software developers and engineers, programming analysts, systems and web developers through to IT management roles, amongst others.
Information for international students
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
If English isn’t your first language you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept the following qualifications:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 79
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Duolingo minimum 95 overall
- A degree qualification taught in English and completed within the last two years
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Michael Nieves, Programme Director