Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Hold current first level Professional Registration with a relevant regulatory body
- Have an identified mentor within their practice area; that will support and guide your development throughout this module
- A minimum of two years professional practice.
Months of entry
This Postgraduate Certificate will enhance knowledge and advance your expertise in Computed Tomography Colonography [CTC]. The course has received approval for recognition as meeting the standards of advanced practice by The Society and College of Radiographers.
This Postgraduate Certificate will enhance knowledge and advance your expertise in Computed Tomography Colonography [CTC].
You will develop the skills to independently prepare and manage the patient to enable the large bowel to be adequately imaged by virtual colonoscopy. On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply underpinning knowledge, anatomy, physiology, pathology and pharmacology of the large bowel in your clinical practice.
- Critically appraise clinical governance, policies and procedures of independent practice in relation to computed tomography colonography in enhanced practice.
- Demonstrate patient preparation and informed consent for computed tomography colonography and the understanding and application of the appropriate escalation in clinical variation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cancer pathways and post procedural information.
- Critical appraisal and evaluation of technique and quality assessment to give quality assurance and governance for safe practice.
- Demonstrate an approved standard of image interpretation for independent practice and double reporting.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Martine Iwaszko