About Kendall College
What is Kendall?
Kendall College, located in the heart of Chicago, offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in business, culinary arts and hospitality management. Kendall is focused on helping students turn their passions into careers they’ll love. The curriculum combines strong academics with practical experience and international educational opportunities that help give graduates the skills and expertise to be leaders in their professions.
Why study at Kendall?
We partner with industry leaders to provide student interns with meaningful experiences that increase their future employability. The student’s career objectives, academic program and prior relevant industry experience are reviewed to customize a training outline to benefit both student and employer.
Kendall grads are in demand! 95% of employment-seeking graduates reported employment in their field of study within six months of graduation.
- Chicago Michelin Guide Restaurants ranked Kendall College the number one Chicago program for preparing students for culinary arts careers.
- Chicago’s leading hotels ranked Kendall College the number one Chicago program for preparing students for hospitality management careers.
- The Dining Room at Kendall College was recommended in The MICHELIN Guide Chicago 2011, 2012 and 2013.
The Campus and student life
The Office of Student Life and Leadership organizes exciting activities both on and off campus such as movie nights, cultural, art and sporting events, amusement park trips and more, designed to bring students together. There are a variety of student-run clubs including the International Club, which is devoted to enriching student life for over 1,800 Kendall students representing 55 different countries.
The student body
At Kendall College, we believe that the international students who come to study at our Chicago campus provide an indispensable element to our vibrant culture. In return, we offer students from all around the world the unique opportunity to study in the heart of Chicago’s business, hospitality and culinary cultures.
- The Dining Room at Kendall College was recommended in The MICHELIN Guide Chicago in 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Ranked the number one program in Chicago for preparing students for a career in the culinary arts in a survey of management at Chicago MICHELIN Guide restaurants (TNS Global - 2013 Survey)
- Ranked the number one program in Chicago for preparing students for a career in hospitality management in a survey of management at Chicago's leading hotels (TNS Global - 2013 Survey)
- Kendall named one of top 20 culinary schools in America by FSR Magazine
- School of Culinary Arts students were the national champions in the American Culinary Federation Baron H. Galand Culinary Knowledge Bowl in 2010 and 2011
PG subjects available
Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts, 2 years
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Baking and Pastry, 2 years
Associate Degree in Culinary Arts – Accelerated Program, 1 – 2 years
Fees, funding and costs
This varies depending on program. Please contact us directly for more information.
Apartment-style student residences are in The Buckingham, a secure high-rise building near campus with beautiful views of the city and Lake Michigan, within walking distance of Millennium Park, museums, restaurants, shopping, festivals and public transportation. Each unit comes furnished with a full kitchen, washer and dryer, in-room high speed Internet and a cable television package. Students receive a U-pass which provides free access to Chicago public transportation.
How to apply
At Kendall, we have a dedicated team of Educational Counsellors who will be happy to help you with your application. Please email for more information.
- Kendall College
- 900 N. North Branch Street