UK applicants will be expected to have a diploma in Professional Studies (Maxillofacial Prosthetics & Technology) or a degree in Dental Technology with at least two years post-qualification technical experience.
Overseas applicants should have a dental technology qualification and at least two years postgraduate experience.
Overseas applicants will not be expected to have completed the Diploma in Professional studies (Maxillofacial Prosthetics & Technology) but must have a focused interest in maxillofacial and craniofacial technology.
Overseas applicants will also be accepted with a dental qualification if employed as a prosthodontist in a dental practice, dental school, hospital, or community dental services environment.
Months of entry
This programme will allow you to develop and demonstrate your extended knowledge, understanding and advanced skills in the treatment of patients who require prosthetic facial rehabilitation. You will study and practice a broad range of treatments for the replacement of missing hard and soft tissues, using both traditional and advanced digital technologies. The course includes:
- Advanced prosthodontics, implantology, ocular prosthetics, fixed and removable prosthodontics, treatment planning and prosthesis design.
- Digital technology, colour science, medical emergencies, cross infection control and care of medically/clinically compromised patients.
- Biomaterials science, craniofacial implants, silicone elastomers and gels, tissue engineering and bone substitutes, biocompatibility.
- Psychology of managing terminally ill patients, counselling skills and forming integrated care plans, or intra oral implantology, and advanced fixed and removable prosthodontics
Intensive face-to-face training blocks
Delivered primarily online, the course also provides 18 days of intensive teaching and practical training at Rangoonwala College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Pune, India. Under expert supervision, these blocks are an invaluable way to consolidate learning and progress to the final year.
Information for international students
Visit our admissions webpages to view our English language entry requirements.
Fees and funding
Visit the fees and funding webpages to find out more about bursaries, scholarships, grants, tuition fees, living expenses, student loans and other financial help available at King's.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Unit of Distance Learning
- +44 (0)20 7188 6444