Minimum requirements: Bachelors degree with 2:1 honours degree (or international equivalent) in computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, or a joint degree in two such subjects. Competence in a high level programming language such as Pascal, C, C++, Java, etc, to the level expected at the end of the first year of a BSc honours degree in computer science. Alternative qualifications: We may consider applicants with a lower degree classification where substantial relevant work experience can be demonstrated.
Months of entry
For graduates with a computer science background, Advanced Software Engineering with Management MSc will enable you to gain a thorough understanding of the role of IT in enterprise and how information systems impact on business and organisational processes. Delivered by of the Department of Informatics, which has an enviable reputation for research-led teaching and project supervision from leading experts in their field.
• Unrivalled location in the heart of London giving access to major libraries and leading scientific societies, including the BCS Chartered Institute for IT and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
• Equips students with advanced software engineering skills so that they are prepared to play a creative and leading role in the professional and research community.
• Develops critical awareness and appreciation of the changing role of computing in society, motivating graduates to pursue continuing professional development and further research.
• Access to speakers of international repute through seminars and external lectures, enabling students to keep abreast of emerging knowledge in advanced computing and related fields.
• One of the few one-year MSc programmes offered by Russell Group institutions that combines specialist education in Software Engineering with specialist Management education.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office