Minimum UK undergraduate honours degree with 2:1 classification (or overseas equivalent) in a relevant subject.
Months of entry
The Political Economy of the Middle East MA is an interdisciplinary programme that introduces students to political economy from a wide range of academic disciplines. The programme has a strong emphasis on helping students think critically, creatively, and effectively about promoting social justice, equality, democracy, sustainability, and social change through political economy.
You will acquire a solid foundation in both traditional political economy of the Middle East as well as newer academic traditions, including gender and youth, feminist studies, and cultural studies. The programme will equip you with the necessary analytical skills and expertise on Middle Eastern economies to pursue a career outside academia, or to go on to undertake further doctoral study.
- Unique in combining the study of political economy and Middle Eastern studies.
- Enables you to analyse the political economy of the Middle East from a variety of different perspectives.
- Allows you to acquire expertise on Middle Eastern economies and the politics underpinning them.
- Provides a strong intellectual and methodological foundation for further research.
- Allows you to develop your communication skills by presenting and disseminating research in written and oral forms, to classmates, tutors, and the wider academic community.
- Vibrant research community, designated as a Centre of Excellence in Middle Eastern Studies.
Fees and funding
Self-funded, or King's Graduate School funding opportunities available.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0) 20 7848 7429