- A bachelor’s degree with 2:1 honours (or overseas equivalent) in any subject.
- Candidates who achieved a 2:2 in their undergraduate degree will need to support their application with a one page personal statement and an academic reference.
- Professional qualifications in an applied area including nursing or other non-medical health profession, counselling, psychotherapy or education may be considered.
- Applicants must have a pass (grades A* - C) in GCSE Mathematics or equivalent. Applicants presenting with demonstrable significant work experience in a related area may be considered. Such applicants must demonstrate competency by passing the Biological Foundations module in order to progress onto the postgraduate diploma or full MSc qualification.
Months of entry
October, August, June
Neuroscience is an exciting and emerging discipline which seeks to understand the most complex organ in the body - the nervous system. Neuroscience is a modern, multidisciplinary subject. As such, it draws together knowledge and expertise from many areas of science, from molecular biology up to the psychological study of the mind.
This innovative qualification from King’s is taught 100% online over two years, and is therefore designed to fit around your work and life commitments. This postgraduate course will allow you to apply your neuroscience knowledge to real world settings. From the research lab to marketing and games design, the application of neuroscience has the potential to deepen your understanding of how the brain and the nervous system serves to drive our every thought, sensation and emotion.
The Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN) is one of the leading providers of neuroscience education in the UK, and Europe’s largest centre for research and postgraduate education in psychiatry, psychology and basic and clinical neuroscience.
Our research centres are at the international forefront of this field, and we are world-renowned for the quality of our research.
The 100% online Applied Neuroscience Postgraduate Diploma and MSc programme allows you to benefit from an innovative and contemporary curriculum, whilst learning from our world-leading scientists.
Studying Applied Neuroscience MSc at King’s is ideal for people who either:
- Already come from a neuroscience or psychology background and wish to extend their knowledge and skills, and progress their career within this field.
- Do not necessarily have a science background, but wish to apply neuroscience knowledge to their field of work.
- Are looking to progress into research.
- Want to progress to a PhD or DClinPsy.
- Appreciate the flexibility of having six entry points throughout the year.
Information for international students
International applicants may be required to provide proof of English language proficiency. Find out more about our English language entry requirements.
Fees and funding
Please visit our website for more information: Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Brenda Williams
- +44 (0)1279 623678