Bachelor's degree with 2:1 (Upper Second Class) honours (or equivalent) in a related subject. Applicants with substantial professional work experience in a Latin American country or in development-related work will also be considered.
Months of entry
The MSc Latin American Development integrates a thorough grounding in development theory with the in-depth study of Latin America. By exploring the contemporary and historical experiences of this region students will develop an understanding of the deep roots of social change and the background to current development challenges and policy debates.
- The programme provides a multidisciplinary social scientific framework for understanding the development experiences of Latin American countries, including approaches from economics, political science, history, sociology and management studies.
- By drawing on the broader expertise within the King’s Global Institutes, this MSc interrogates how experiences of emerging economies around the world illuminate the issues facing Latin America.
- Students may take a wide range of optional taught modules drawing on King’s college-wide expertise with particular emphasis on King’s Global Institutes;
- We accept students from a wide range of academic backgrounds and mid-career professionals;
- The unrivalled location in the heart of London brings outstanding advantages. Students enjoy excellent academic, social and cultural opportunities and wide-ranging access to library and archival resources.
Please visit our online prospectus for more information on programme details.
Information for international students
For students whose first language is not English, please visit our website for further information. http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/admissions/requirements/language.aspx
Fees and funding
Please visit our postgraduate funding database for information on funding opportunities from King's College London and other organisations: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/graduate/funding/database/
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office