Applicants must have:
- a good honours degree (minimum 2:2) in engineering or a related science, or an equivalent professional qualification; or
- equivalent overseas qualification.
Months of entry
Climate change is a major challenge for the 21st century, requiring an alternative supply of cleaner energy from renewable sources. This course is designed with an engineering focus that deals with applications, combined with the business element; applicable whether you work for a large organisation or a small to medium-size enterprise.
The MSc will meet, in part, the exemplifying academic benchmark requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Accredited MSc graduates who also have a BEng(Hons) accredited for CEng, will be able to show that they have satisfied the educational base for CEng registration.
- The programme provides hands-on skills in 3D CAD and solid modelling, FEA and CFD analysis, Polysun and WindPRO simulations using industry-standard software.
- You can undertake a wide range of challenging and interesting sponsored and non-sponsored projects in the specific areas of wind power, solar power, biofuels and fuel-cells-related technologies.
- Excellent career progression and internship with leading renewable companies: around 80% of students who have graduated from this programme have been recruited by the relevant industries as a consultant such as Atkins, Alstom Power, Inditex, Vattenfall, Shell, SGS UK Ltd and many others.
- Completion of this programme would be an ideal progression to PhD level of research studies if you are interested in following an academic or research career in novel areas of renewable energy.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team