an upper second-class degree or above in a relevant area and/or two years' work experience in the creative industries; an understanding of the context of the creative economy; and the ability to explain why this course will be of value to them personally. We also carefully consider non-standard entrants with relevant personal and work experience who can demonstrate their interest, commitment and ability.
Months of entry
If you would like to develop your career or create your own business in the music industry, this course is ideal. Whether you are a musician, a composer, a producer or a sound technician, this course will improve your skill set and help you make a living from what you love.
What will you study
You will explore creativity and how to manage it. The course will show you how to develop your ideas and business plans: we will teach you business development, collaborative and entrepreneurial skills.
Our Creative Economy masters courses give you the opportunity to gain a range of knowledge and experience, including:
- Gain entrepreneurial skills – help create start-ups and pitch ideas to real industry bosses at a "Dragons' Den", and visit a wide variety of entrepreneurial businesses.
- Brush up on practical workplace skills such as data collation, review and synopsis.
- Our students come from all over the world to study on Kingston's creative economy courses, so you will finish the course with an international network of contacts.
- Excellent teaching – the Managing in the Creative Economy MA course was ranked as one of the best entrepreneurship masters in the world by the Eduniversal masters ranking 2015/16, and Kingston Business School is one of only a few of the 120 UK business schools to be awarded an 'excellent' rating for its teaching quality by the Higher Education Funding Council.
- Regular visits from industry experts and entrepreneurs, field trips to entrepreneurial businesses and events that connect the creative industry to the local community and give you a valuable network.
- Students can add study at the prestigious Boston University to their programme and gain a dual masters degree.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 6.0. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/
Fees and funding
Please see http://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate-course/music-creative-economy-ma/fees-and-bursaries.html for further details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0844 8544971/+44(0)203 308 9928