We welcome applications from anyone with an honours degree at 2:2 or above in any subject (usually a BSc award). You must have GCSE maths at grade C or above, or equivalent competence.
Months of entry
This course will help you to understand the way people behave at work, giving you a new perspective on everyday business decisions and preparing you for career advancement. Graduates leave this course with a scientific approach: they can gather evidence and critically evaluate it to make better decisions in the workplace. They stand out from competitors with human resource management qualifications.
- The only course in the UK to hold dual institutional accreditation from the British Psychological Society and the Association for Business Psychology. Graduates have the option to become a Chartered and Registered Occupational Psychologist in the future.
- Students can qualify in occupational testing for ability and personality at a fraction of the private market cost.
- No exams – you will be assessed entirely on your coursework.
- Access to a dedicated career psychologist with a strong focus on personal development, helping you to improve your employability – for example, though work shadowing, internships networking opportunities and targeted assignments.
- Course materials grounded in research and practice, delivered by a course team currently working in the field.
- Regular guest speakers from a range of organisations, including major test publishers and business psychology consultancies.
- Research and consultancy internship opportunities.
- A supportive environment and an expert academic team to help you achieve your academic goals. Kingston Business School is one of only a few of the 120 UK business schools to be awarded an 'excellent' rating for its teaching quality by the Higher Education Funding Council.
- Attend classes in the £26 million Kingston Business School building, opened in 2012, on a leafy, peaceful hillside campus. Kingston upon Thames has been rated London's happiest borough and has the lowest crime rate in London, as well as fast transport links to the city centre.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
What will you study
You can choose to study this course in one year, with our full time programme, or in two years, with our part-time, executive weekend programme. Both courses cover the same core modules, and both are taught by research-active academics and experienced practitioners.
The modules for this course investigate various approaches to applying psychological principles in the workplace and how these ideas can increase organisational, team and individual performance. You will learn to critically evaluate the evidence base when making decisions.
You will apply theories and evidence to case studies, examples from the field and real-life practice - either at your own company or during a short internship. You will also learn about ethical considerations and your role as a psychologist in organisations, enhancing your professional skills. You will complement this by learning about ways of overcoming the barriers many occupational and business psychologists face when trying to implement their programmes in an organisation.
The course also considers how other disciplines such as neuroscience, ergonomics, economics, human resource management and sociology inform occupational and business psychology.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 6.0. Read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications that can be considered. See www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/ for further details.
Fees and funding
For information on funding, please visit: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate-course/occupational-business-psychology-msc/fees-and-bursaries.html
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0844 8544971/+44(0)203 308 9928+44 (0)20 8417 5939