To be confirmed.
Months of entry
Social workers can take postgraduate modules on a standalone basis as short courses for continuing professional development (CPD).
Our programmes and modules have been developed in partnership with employer partners in south-west London and Surrey to meet the continuing professional development needs of social workers. They are underpinned and informed by:
- the LGA Employer Standards for Social Work and the Supervision Standards;
- the Professional Capabilities Framework for Social Work (PCF);
- the Chief Social Worker Knowledge and Skills Statements; and
- The HCPC Standards of Proficiency for Social Work in England and Standards for Continuing Professional Development.
They offer a flexible and development approach by which social workers can develop and gain academic credit towards an Advanced Social Work MA or a Professional Education and Training MA; or a Professional Development in Social Work PgDip or PgCert.
All modules include application of learning to professional practice. There are specialist modules for social workers working with children and young people, their families and carers; social workers working with adults; practice educators and professional educators and trainers and for managers. All modules can be taken as 'free standing' modules.
- Postgraduate Certificate: students must pass 60 Level 7 credits
- Postgraduate Diploma: students must pass 120 Level 7 credits
- MA: students must pass 180 Level 7 credits (including the Capstone Research Project)
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 7.0 overall with special conditions in all elements. Read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications that can be considered. See www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/ for further details.
Fees and funding
For information on funding, please visit: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate-course/post-qualifying-social-work-modules/fees-and-bursaries.html
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- David Nilsson
- +44 (0)20 8417 6578