We welcome applications from anyone with a good honours (or equivalent) in any relevant discipline. If you do not have an honours degree, you will need to show us evidence that you know enough about the relevant subjects to understand the course materials – for example, a professional qualification, training or work experience in a relevant field (contact the postgraduate admissions team to find out more).
Months of entry
The Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc prepares students from a wide variety of backgrounds for a rewarding career in the supply chain function. With full accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), and a solid syllabus built on concepts and ideas from Kingston University's renowned Operations Research and Management Science Group (ORMS), our logistics masters is a both an academic and a professional qualification.
- Gain the practical skills and knowledge to make an immediate and effective contribution in a logistics-related role and a solid understanding of global business from a strategic and operational perspective.
- The opportunity to conduct your research project and dissertation on a specific issue that matches your career interests and put theory into practice.
- MSc students can add study at the prestigious Boston University to their programme and gain a dual masters degree.
- Become a CIPS member after three years' experience in purchasing and supply chain management.
- One-year student membership of Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
- Guest speaker programme featuring leading experts in logistics and supply chain management.
- Students come from all over the world to study at Kingston Business School, so you will finish the course with an international network of contacts.
- Grow a network of logistics and supply chain management professionals during the course.
- Kingston Business School is one of only a few of the 120 UK business schools to be awarded an 'excellent' rating for its teaching quality by the Higher Education Funding Council. Kingston upon Thames has been rated London's happiest borough and has the lowest crime rate in London, as well as fast transport links to the city centre.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
What will you study
The programme is delivered on a full-time basis over one year, starting in September. You will be expected to attend scheduled sessions throughout the day (although not necessarily all day) between Monday and Friday.
In the first semester, you will develop a broad understanding of management concepts, theories and ideas, such as how to manage organisations and supply chains. This provides you with a solid foundation from both strategic and operational perspectives.
In the second semester and dissertation, you will put this knowledge to use through practical application to real situations. One example is through company visits, which students often arrange for themselves. These opportunities to engage with real supply chain managers build your confidence and ability to question established practice.Work placement scheme
Many postgraduate courses at Kingston University allow students to do a 12-month work placement as part of their course. The responsibility for finding the placement is with the student; we cannot guarantee the placement, just the opportunity to undertake it. As the work placement is an assessed part of the course, the work placement is covered by a student's tier 4 visa.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 6.0. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/
Fees and funding
Please see http://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate-course/logistics-supply-chain-logistics-management-msc/fees-and-bursaries.html for further details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0844 8544971/+44(0)203 308 9928