We welcome students from all backgrounds, cultures and nationalities. As a minimum, applicants should have: a good honours degree or equivalent; and a willingness to learn, develop and change. Most International Business Management students are arts, humanities, technology or science graduates, who received their honours in the previous three years. Some may have limited work experience but possess specific knowledge or skills that they also bring to the course. Personal qualities This is an intensive course so all students are expected to have a high degree of motivation, focus, maturity and commitment. You'll need to be able to work effectively on your own and with others.
with Entrepreneurship MSc/Marketing MSc/Project Management MSc
Months of entry
Please note: the following pathways are also available:
- International Business Management with Entrepreneurship MSc
- International Business Management with Marketing MSc
- International Business Management with Project Management MSc
Do you crave a management role, but have a first degree in another subject? This is our most popular postgraduate course, offering modules covering a wide selection of topics that equip you with the practical skills you need to excel in management or consultancy. It gives you the opportunity to gain expertise in individual business disciplines without limiting your employment options.
- Accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and Educational Performance Analysis System (EPAS).
- Add study at the prestigious Boston University to your programme and gain a dual masters degree.
- Benefit from an international curriculum.
- Participate in a week-long study visit to a foreign business school where you will meet students studying a similar programme and undertake visits to local companies.
- Take part in a one-semester exchange programme with a business school in Europe (such as Berlin or Paris)
- Assessments that reflect real business situations.
- Undertake a consultancy project with a real business instead of a dissertation.
- Students come from all over the world to study on Kingston's business courses, so you will finish the course with an international network of contacts.
- Kingston Business School is one of only a few of the 120 UK business schools to be awarded an 'excellent' rating for its teaching quality by the Higher Education Funding Council.
- Kingston upon Thames has been rated London's happiest borough and has the lowest crime rate in London, as well as fast transport links to the city centre.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
Work placement scheme
What will you study
This course strengthens your critical understanding of general management, international business and strategy. As an International Business Management MSc student, you will develop your ability to question and critically assess business issues to find innovative options and solutions. You will build your understanding across a broad range of modules, with a core legal element built in through the International Business Environment and Trade module. Regular guest speakers add to the expertise of our lecturing staff and provide their perspectives on current events.
Many postgraduate courses at Kingston University allow students to do a 12-month work placement as part of their course. The responsibility for finding the placement is with the student; we cannot guarantee the placement, just the opportunity to undertake it. As the work placement is an assessed part of the course, the work placement is covered by a student's tier 4 visa.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 6.0. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/
Fees and funding
Please see http://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate-course/international-business-management-msc/fees-and-bursaries.html for further details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0844 8544971/+44(0)203 308 9928